Chinneck Law London Ontario – Get To Know Us
“…Anything but ordinary”This is Chinneck Law London Ontario. This is not your ordinary law firm.
Our founder, Jed Chinneck of Chinneck Law London Ontario, never intended to be a lawyer. He was a geologist passionate about helicopter-assisted reconnaissance exploration work in the mountains of Western and Northern Canada where he discovered the largest zinc deposit in North America. He never dreamed he would become a lawyer. But one day, one of his teammates on the track team at the University of Western Ontario in London, Ontario, persuaded him to apply to law school. He wrote the LSATs at a U.S. Air Force Base in Spain, and the rest is history.
Jed hung his shingle out in 1981, in the Bradley Plaza at Wellington Road South and Bradley Avenue, in London, Ontario when he started Chinneck, Thomson in the middle of one of the worst recessions in modern history.
After growing the Firm to six lawyers by acquiring practices and lawyers, Jed left to join Cram & Associates in 1995 where he practiced as an associate for five years.
Jed set up his own practice, first as a sole proprietor, and later as JMC Lawyers, and now Chinneck Law Professional Corporation. The practice has grown to five lawyers and 17 support staff. And so, Chinneck Law London Ontario was born.
The Firm moved to 37 Ridout Street South, a beautifully restored Victorian Manor in a park-like setting in London’s Old South beside the Thames River where it operates today. Although he did not know it at the time Jed started to practice law, his passion for helping people was greater than his passion for geology.
The Firm now focuses on three main areas of practice: real estate, business and succession law. We are best known for treating clients like our own mothers. It sounds kind of corny but you get the point. We listen, we make sure we understand you and what you want, we make sure you understand what we are doing, we are timely, fair and straight-up; exactly what our mothers would want.
“Sorry, we don’t speak legalese here.”
First we seek to understand, and then and only then do we seek to be understood. We value you. It’s this open and transparent way of doing business that makes us so approachable.
Here’s why you, the client, win with Chinneck Law London Ontario
• Access. You always have access to the lawyers, paralegals and clerks who work on your file.
• Listen. We listen to, and understand you, and what you want before we act.
• Value. Work is assigned to the most competent but least expensive professional (senior lawyers, junior lawyers, paralegals, clerks or secretaries) to give you cost-effective premium service.
• Successful. We successfully close thousands of files and cases each year.
• People-Oriented. We treat you like a person; not a number.
• Approachable. You can talk to us about anything. For us, no question is a stupid question.
• No Legalese. We speak language that you understand; not legalese.
• Litigation-Averse. We look for ways to avoid litigation, but are extremely successful in court if that is the only option.
• Cutting Edge. We employ only the best, latest and most powerful technologies and equipment.
• Confidentiality. Our people are all bound by confidentiality agreements, and all our e-systems are as secure as your banks.
• Little-Big Firm. We are a little firm that delivers big firm services in a friendly small firm way, and without the impersonality and big fees that big firms charge.
• Flexible. We are small and flexible, able to quickly respond to change.
• Unique solutions. We think “outside the box” to find unique and novel solutions to legal problems.
• Clients for Life. We want long term relationships based on mutual respect and trust.
• Fair and Transparent. We treat you fairly and openly.
• Speak your Language. We speak English, French, German and Spanish.
REQUEST A CONSULTATION
Fill out the form below to receive a confidential initial consultation.
Please Note: This contact form is for general inquiries only and is not intended to provide legal instruction or communication to a lawyer. Please do not include any personal information other than your name and email address. We will respond to your inquiry via email.